ARCS (The American Romanian Cultural Society) is looking for a creative, independent, self-organized, accountable and reliable professional to be its new Program Director starting on June 1st, 2022. The Program Director will need to be aligned with ARCS’ mission and promote our programs through Romanian language classes, literary, education and cultural events, including the Romanian Film Festival. The Program Director will work closely with the Board of Directors.
The position is full-time, approximately 40 hours per week. The work schedule is Monday through Friday, with some flexibility required during the weekends, depending on the ARCS agenda of events. Salary based on experience.
Location: Online and in person at the MLK Community Center in Seattle, WA
Board Governance and Management
• Follow ARCS’ mission and vision (www.arcsproject.org),
• Work closely with the ARCS Board,
• Attend board meetings and take minutes, if necessary,
• Participate together with the ARCS Board in the process of recruiting teachers, contractors, interns, volunteers, and new board members,
• Enhance ARCS’ visibility through engagement with other local communities, organizations and institutions at the local, and national level,
• Nurture a great work environment and a close relationship with our board members, donors, partners and audience.
• Manage ARCS operations– the Romanian Language School, Social media platforms, newsletter, mailchimp, google drive, quick books, canva, paychex, and learning platforms such as canvas,
• Prepare grant applications and grant reports, as directed,
• Receive and make invoices, payments, or forward important payment requests to the ARCS Executive Board or Treasurer,
• Update ARCS information on website, complete routine posts and blog entries,
• Create and send ARCS Newsletters (approx. 3-4/month),
• Works with ARCS Board and ARCS visual producer to design Communication Plan, keep engagement and attract followers on FB, Instagram, Linkedin and Twitter, as well as increase subscribers and course registration.
SKILLS and PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• BA or Graduate degree in Social Studies, Education, Arts and Humanities preferred,
• Experience and cultural understanding of Romania and the Romanian American diaspora in the USA,
• Teaching and curriculum design experience preferred, but not necessary,
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Romanian and English,
• Experience or knowledge of US nonprofit management,
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations in the nonprofit sector,
• Event planning and program development skills,
• Ability to manage a team of teachers, contractors, and volunteers,
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to detail and accuracy, meeting daily, weekly and monthly deadlines,
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Canva and Mailchimp,
• Budget management skills, including budget preparation and reporting.
Please send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and to ARCS Executive Director, Otilia Baraboi, at email@example.com, no later than April 30. We will start reviewing applications right away, until position is filled.
The chosen candidate will have to pass a criminal background check before appointment, and will have to submit proof of employability in the USA.
Disclaimer: ARCS provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.